Sunday, July 29, 2012

Review: Tokidoki Airways Palette and Swatches

I love Tokidoki.
Their cosmetics are beautiful, but really bloody expensive. My only previous purchase was a tiny Adios solid perfume keychain, and that was $25!! However, since they're leaving Sephora for good I was able to get the Airways palette for $19 (marked down from the original price of $42). It's Sephora exclusive and limited edition, so pretty soon it might be impossible to find!

~~~




Packaging: Adorable and relatively sturdy! The metal is a little on the thin side, but it definitely beats the typical cardboard palette. The images on the box extend around to the back. It's nice that the it can be reused when the shadows are finished. I especially love that they included the little Donutella keychain! She's one of my favorites, so cuteee~








Sorry for the blurriness! My camera HATES focusing on anything close.
Paris (sparkling soft pink)
Los Angeles (sparkling lavender)
Tokyo (iridescent purple)
Hong Kong (pearlized lime green)
New York (pearlized olive green)
Rome (matte chocolate brown)
London (pearlized toffee)
Hawaii (matte vanilla)

Shadows: I love how they're named after the top world destinations!! Sephora claims, "the collection of eye shadows are infused with hydrating Japanese rice lipids and vitamin B to ensure the rich formulas glide on beautifully smooth and provide long-lasting color". All of them have varying degrees of shimmer, but there's nothing gritty or glittery about them. They're silky soft and ridiculously pigmented, and every color is just gorgeous.

~~~

Swatches! Please note that my camera hates me. Also, I didn't use primer, so this is how the shadows look with two swipes on bare skin.



 Aren't those colors pretty? Los Angeles and London are my favorites! The photos don't do London justice- it's a very shimmery taupe with quite a bit of depth.
Verdict: If you can still get this palette, do. It's fantastic!!!
---Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment