Life Album Tag Rules:
- Answer with
only one(IMPOSSIBLE) at least one song per question, and provide a short explanation. - For the year songs, go up to your age (so go from 6th grade-whatever year you’re in now). You can also group them if you’d prefer (one song for multiple years)
- Tag as many people as you can afterward!
God's Away on Business by Tom Waits. My childhood soundtrack, from infancy, was a very odd mixture of Tom Waits and Enya (on cassette tape, no less! And it took me three tries to spell 'cassette'). Also, from the age of six I had a very unchildlike interest in embroidery and hand-stitching and suchlike. I desperately wanted to live in a world like the one detailed in The Mists of Avalon. Of course, being a fairy ballerina princess also would have been nice.
-A theme for your first year of middle school:
Renaissance Man by Heather Dale. The song pretty much explains itself.
-Second year of middle school:
You're Going Down by Sick Puppies and Lies by Evanscence are definitely the dual themes of that year.
That was when I started loving gore, death metal, and extreme body mods. I listened to a lot of Marilyn Manson, Evanescence and Within Temptation, as well as assorted metal bands of various genres which I mostly can't recall. One example is Avulsed's Let Me Taste Your Flesh (I'm just the best little vegetarian ever).
-Third year of middle school:
Dear Diary by Pink. The start of my transformation from serial-killer-in-the-making to sparkly pink holographic rainbow unicorn princess.
Just kidding (maybe).
-
So What I Lied (Uncensored) by Sick Puppies. Disillusioned with a lot of things, perhaps even starting to grow up a little. Also, Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll by Abney Park, because I threw myself body and soul into ballet.
-First year of college:
She's Country by Jason Aldean. After creepy little goth girl and holographic pegasus unicorn, that's the third facet to my personality. Once upon a time I took it upon myself to hate anything western with a passion, but that was before I learned that my dad's family is rife with cowboys and that my own cousins ride in the rodeo and hunt deer with shotguns.
-Your love song:
Blue Caravan by Vienna Teng (even if I'm not quite that crazy). Also, it is one of the most exquisite and breathtaking songs I've ever heard.
And, um, Grow a Pear by Ke$ha. Because it seriously describes every guy I've ever met.
-Your friendship song:
Shelter by Corrine May and Hunter by Heather Dale. I really am a lucky girl to have so many wonderful friends.
-Your song in times of trouble:
Indestructible by Disturbed. YESSSS LET'S GO KILL THINGS.
-Your personal theme song:
Primadonna Girl by Marina and the Diamonds. No further explanation needed. :P
I TAG EVERYONE WHO READS THIS.
Haha, here's a quote from an awesome conversation I had with Cami-chan on Tuesday. I know I oughtn't quote myself, but...
"If I had to describe myself... well, I'd be the child of Barbie and a cowboy who was also a closet serial killer". Which pretty much sums me up perfectly.
...
As you can see, I am insane.
---Sunny
No comments:
Post a Comment