Saturday, October 27, 2012

Clinique Review: Black Honey, High Impact Mascara, Skincare, Eyeshadow, Blush

It's been forever!
I am a truly lazy and capricious creature, not to mention I have to suffer the indignity of schoolwork. But I've been kicking myself for neglecting my blog (although somehow I doubt that many people read it) and so here is a composite review on some Clinique products I've been absolutely loving lately. Also, please expect some hair product/tool reviews soon! ٩꒰。•◡•。꒱۶

This was all actually a free gift, because my sister and my mom purchased two lipsticks from Clinique. c:


Super pretty palette. The mirror is nice, the blush brush and the sponge applicator are nothing special.

Left to right: Soft-pressed powder blusher in mocha pink, shimmer shadow in Lucky Penny, and a single shadow from the Black Honey quad. I really love the shadows, especially Lucky Penny- they're super pigmented and shimmery and smooth! The blush is a little lacking in pigment (it took me about 5 swipes to build up that intensity) but it's a really pretty color, and would look gorgeous on fair skin.

Ahhh! The famous Clinique Black Honey lipstick.

It's a trial size, so it's pretty small.

Scaryyy! It looks almost black.

Left- one swipe, right- three swipes. While it looks weirdly yellowish on my hand, when you're actually wearing it it's gorgeous. I think it's a color that works on anyone, since it's sheer and has neutral undertones, which lets the natural color of your lips show through but also enhances it. It's really moisturizing and makes your lips look amazing, but of course the downside is that you have to reapply more often.
*Edit: I have tried Flirty Honey, but I definitely prefer Black Honey. c:

Officially my favorite moisturizer ever. It makes my skin super soft and smooth and velvety, and it absorbs quickly. It's a perfect makeup base and a nighttime moisturizer! I will definitely be buying this in the future. (It is worth noting, however, that my skin actually tends more towards being dry, and yet this works fantastically).


A nice watery gel consistency.

Bare lashes
With High Impact mascara. I think the photo speaks for itself. c: This stuff is crazy!

This is a little too rich for my skin. I much prefer the gel, even though my skin is more dry combination.


Anyways, I really like Clinique products! If only the packaging was cuter... Lioele, Canmake and Etude House are still my favorites when it comes to packaging.



Haha, I couldn't resist posting a picture of the Etude House store! It's just too cute~ (obviously, I take no credit for the preceding three pictures). Now, if only American brands had packaging like that... #shutupandtakemymoney



Ehehe~ Swings are awesome. I shall leave you with this picture of my crazy self and an amazing and very accurate quote.

"English is a mongrel that follows other languages down dark alleys, assaults them, and goes through their pockets looking for loose grammar"-Unknown

Xoxo,
Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment